The Unifying Power Of Entertainment

Yesterday I watched 'Drishyam 2', which is the sequel of classic thriller 'Drishyam', that came in 2013. Well that's quite relatable, because so many of us have watched both these movies. 
Now the interesting part is, the previous movie that I watched was the Hindi remake of original Malayali movie, and for obvious reasons of linguistic barrier, I watched the Hindi version. And like everyone else I was impressed by it. So, yesterday when I decided to watch the sequel, but was a little disappointed to discover that the audio was available only in Malayalam. However, on my spouse's insistence I went on to watch the movie with English subtitles. And, once I started, I was literally glued to the screen and could not escape the magic of entertainment that was recreated on the screen and that shattered all barriers and borders of language.
Honestly, I would have never imagined that I, a Rajasthani, would set on to watch a Malayali movie, undubbed, and would stay glued to it. That was highly unlikely, but that happened, and I'm sure this has happened to many of you in the past few days.
Well this is the power of entertainment, of cinema, drama and stories.  They unite us, quash any limitations and boundaries of language and region. 
This is what makes us proud of our national treasure of unity in diversity. All forms of entertainment are the major threads that bind us despite all the cultural differences. And this movie 'Drishyam' can be proudly called an Indian movie and not a regional movie. This is what makes our country unique and grand. Our variations colour the big picture called India, and it never gets monotonous.
The immense power of entertainment is undeniable here, as it is what inspires us to be open minded enough to accept and assimilate the diverse cultures. When I watched the movie, despite the language barrier, that was purely for the sake of story, thrill and entertainment element. Of course I loved the work and the art of all the actors but that was only after I watched it. The main reason I began watching it in the first place, was for the sake of entertainment. 
Thus, the unifying power of entertainment is undeniable and must be acknowledged as well as encouraged as it would only bring us closer and make us happier.

A special mention for Mr. Mohanlal, the lead actor, this was his first movie that I ever watched, and it has left me in awe. He is already a renowned artist, already much acknowledged, but I was overwhelmed by his work, so a big thanks to him.

Do share your thoughts and opinions in the comment box.



Your email id will not be displayed publicly, unless you permit.

Follow & Subscribe to this blog for updates on more interesting and soul stirring reads. Share, comment and show your response, because, its totally 

SUBSCRIBE NOW...Its free...

Do visit my new blog धरोहर, keep showering your love, keep inspiring and motivating.





Comments